Dr. Masooma Gull
Specialty: MS-NMPT ( Master of Science in Neuromuscular Physical Therapy)
Department Affiliation: Shalamar School Of Allied Health Sciences
Date of Joining: 02 / 05 / 2017
A highly motivated, confident individual with exceptional multi-tasking and organizational skills. Able to communicate effectively and sensitively with patients and carers to maximize the rehabilitation of patients and to ensure understanding of often complex clinical issues impacting on recovery. Excellent client facing skills and the ability to work closely with other health care professionals to assess a patient needs and devise suitable treatment plans for them. Ready and qualified for the next stage in a successful career and looking forward to making a significant contribution as a physiotherapist.
Areas of Expertise
- Musculoskeletal Orthopedics
- Stroke management
- Shoulder Pathologies
- Sports injuries
- Neurological conditions
- Spinal Injuries
- Cervical Injuries
- MS-NMPT (Master of Science in Neuromuscular Physical therapy)
2018 – 2019
Riphah International University Lahore
- t-DPT(Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy)
2013 – 2015
University of Health Sciences Lahore
- BSPT (BSc.Hons Physiotherapy)
2008 – 2012
Allama Iqbal Medical College Lahore
Residencies/Clinical Training OR Clinical Attachment
|Clinical Physiotherapist||9/ 2012||12/2014||Jinnah Hospital Lahore||Lahore|
|Lecturer Physiotherapist||9/2012||12/2014||Allama Iqbal Medical college Lahore||Lahore|
|Senior Lecturer/ Physiotherapist||12/2014||10/2016||Fatima Memorial College of Medicine and Dentistry Lahore||Lahore|
|Senior Lecturer||10/2016||4/2017||NUR International University Lahore||Lahore|
|Senior Lecturer||5/2017||4/2021||Shalamar Medical and Dental College Lahore||Lahore|
|Assistant professor||4/2021||Till Now||Shalamar Medical and Dental College Lahore||Lahore|
|Visiting lecturer||10/2021||Till Now||Allama Iqbal Medical College Lahore||Lahore|
|Paper Setter, Paper Assessor, Viva Examiner||3/2019||Till Now||King Edward Medical University Lahore||Lahore|
Award & Certification
- Certificate of completing trauma course at AIMC/JHL.
- Certificate of completion of one day intensive course on management of dengue at AIMC/JHL.
- Participated in one day certificate course on” Thoracic outlet syndrome & spinal Pathologies” at K.E.M.U.
- Participated in First Aid and Basic CPR course at JHL.
- Certificate of completing five contact hour workshop on “Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction combined approach” at Riphah University Lahore.
- Certificate of participation at comprehensive lecture on “An insight on women health conditions and Physical Therapy” held at Lahore College Of Physiotherapy.
- Attended the first International conference on Rehabilitation Sciences (ICRS) held at Pearl continental Lahore.
- Participated in 2nd International One Day Physical Therapy workshop On “Latest Trends In Physical Therapy with Hands on training” held at University of Lahore.
- Attended 1st International Cerebral Palsy Conference held at Ali Institute of Education/ Rising Sun Institute Lahore.
- Attended post graduate course in Rheumatology held at FMHCM&D Lahore.
- Attended workshop of Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy Management of critically ill patients held at FMH college of Medicine and Dentistry.
- Attended the workshop on Radiology in Physical therapy held at University of Health Sciences Lahore.
- Attended International Conference on: The integrated curriculum for an “un-integrated” Practice, held at University of Health Sciences Lahore
- Attended Workshop on introduction to research Software Endnote and NVIVO held at Fatima Memorial College of medicine and dentistry.
- Attended workshop on Clinical Manual Therapy Module 1 on Lumbopelvic Complex.
- Participated in campaign of “ International Childhood Cancer awareness day” held at children hospital Lahore.
- Attended one day workshop on “ Treatment based classification of low Back Pain for Physical therapists” held at Shalamar Medical and Dental College Lahore.
- Attended one day Hands on Training Workshop On “Core stability” held at Shalamar School of Allied Health Sciences”
- Participated in workshop on “ Introduction to Osteopathy” at Osteopathy Center Lahore held in October 2019.
- Online certification on “Vital signs: Understanding what the body is telling us” from University of Pennsylvania, offered through Coursera. (8-10-2020)
- Online certification on “ COVID-19: Training for Healthcare workers” from Stanford University, offered through Coursera. (20-08-2020)
- Online certification on “Epidemiology: The basic Science of public health” from University of North Carolina of Chapel Hill, offered through Coursera. (13-09-2020)
- Online certification on “Diabetes- The Essential facts” from University of Copenhagen, offered through Coursera. (6-09-2020)
- Online certification on “COVID-19 Contact tracing” from John Hopkins University, offered through Coursera. (07-08-2020)
- Online certification on “ Teamwork Skills, Communicating Effectively in groups” from University of Colorado Boulder, offered through Coursera. (24-09-2020)
- Online certification on “Anatomy: Musculoskeletal and Integumentry Systems” from University of Michigan, offered through Coursera. (2-10-2020)
- Online certification on “ Anatomy: Human Neuroanatomy” from University of Michigan, offered through Coursera. (9-9-2021)
- Online certification on “ Managng Your Health: The role of Physical Therapy and Exercise” from University of Toronto, offered through Coursera.(4-9-2021)
- Online certification on “ The science of training young athletes” from University of Florida”, offered through Coursera. (06-11-2020)
Research & Publications
- “Incidence of Frozen Shoulder in Diabetes Mellitus” in Independent Journal of Allied Health Sciences.
- “Frequency of Chronic Neck pain in Upper Cross Syndrome in Female School Teachers” in Independent Journal of Allied Health Sciences.
- “Impact of low back pain on health related quality of life” in Independent Journal of Allied Health Sciences.
- “Frequency of neck pain among call center employees of Lahore Pakistan” in Independent journal of Allied Health Sciences.
- ”Effect of Mckenzie Exercises on Low back pain in Females” in Independent journal of Allied Health Sciences
- “ Causes of burn in patients of Government and Private hospitals in Lahore” in Independent journal of Allied Health Sciences.
- “Comparison between mobilization with traction and mobilizations without traction in management of chronic neck pain ” in Independent journal of Allied Health Sciences.
- “Comparison of satisfaction with physiotherapy treatment between male and female patients of Lahore (comparative cross sectional) ” in Independent journal of Allied Health Sciences.
- “Effects of manual stretching and joint mobilization with neurodevelopmental treatment in improving functional mobility among stroke patients” in Journal Of Riphah College of Rehabilitation sciences
- “Frequency of kinesiophobia in patients with chronic neck pain Jinnah Hospital Lahore” in Independent journal of Allied Health Sciences.
- “Frequency of Depression, Anxiety and Stress in Pre-clinical and clinical Physiotherapy students” in Independent journal of Allied Health Sciences.
- “Variation of Q Angle in multiparous pregnant females: an observational cross sectional study” in Pakistan Biomedical Journal.
- “Effects of upper cervical (C1-C2) combine with upper thoracic (T1-T4) mobilization in cervicogenic headache” in Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences.
Awards and Honors
- 3rd position in badminton in matriculation in annual sports
- 2nd position in essay writing in Extracurricular activities of Allama Iqbal college of physiotherapy in 2010
- 1st position in arts in Sports gala of Allama Iqbal medical college in 2011
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Member PPTA (Pakistan Physical Therapy Association).